I was surprised when I opened today’s email from Gilt – for a limited time they’re selling a vintage Harley Davidson 1972 shovelhead motorcycle from NYC Motorcycle Federation. It was used in the movie Hell Ride.
• True collector’s piece.
• Electric start with faux kick stand.
• Black color panels with a white and red flame graphic.
• Used in the movie Hell Ride, presented by Quentin Tarantino and written and directed by Larry Bishop.
• Ridden in the film for approximately 50 miles in the desert and made to look authentic by the studio.
• Vin # 2A30610H2 State of California Certificate of Title Registered to Hell Ride, Inc.
• Please note the motorcycle is not street legal in the United States because it does not have a speedometer.
The asking price: $15,000.00. I don’t think anyone is going to be buying it, but it was a pretty good move by Gilt and NYC Motorcycle Federation to bring attention to the rest of their clothing sale.